VOIP-GSM Gateway / GSM-VOIP Gateway
Comarra’s E1 VOIP-GSM Gateway solution utilizes the Comarra PRI-GSM
Gateway combined with the Quintum Tenor VOIP gateway, configured as an
integrated GSM-VOIP Gateway solution. The PRI-ISDN interface of the GSM
Gateway connects with the corresponding interface of the Quintum, allowing
seamless integration of VOIP and GSM mobile communications networks.
Comarra offers this GSM-VOIP Gateway solution as a 30 SIM or 90 SIM per
E1 version, and in 1, 2 or 4 E1/T1 configurations.
The advantages of using a VOIP-GSM Gateway integrated solution,
rather than an all in one solution are as follows:
- The solution uses technology designed and manufactured by market
leading specialists, rather than by a GSM gateway specialist trying
their hand at VOIP or visa versa.
- The VOIP and GSM performance will as good as technologically
possible in the users Internet and cellular environment.
- There will be no VOIP compatibility issues that often occur with
combined VOIP/GSM equipment.
E1 90 SIM GSM Gateway
E1 30 SIM GSM Gateway Product
The E1 PRI ISDN Q.931 GSM Gateway offers
Optional: All 30, GSM channels are dual band - 850MHz
and 1900MHz with auto-sense / auto-switching capability.
- PRI ISDN (EURO ISDN) Signaling.
- The interface on the user side is up to 30 x GSM links (90 SIMs
per E1 - 3 SIM per channel) or (30 SIMs per E1 - 1 SIM per channel).
- Accurate answer supervision and disconnect supervision.
- For the 90 SIM version only - Each GSM channel individually
programmable to work with any of the 3 SIMs, according to the user
programmed time-of-day schedule. This enables the user to program a
least-cost operation so that traffic of each GSM channel is directed
to the preferred SIM (out of the 3 SIM cards per channel) - which
shall be activated only according to the "user" programmed time-of-day
- GSM Gateway to automatically "call" a "user" programmed number at
a "user" programmed time-of-day, once every 24 hours to confirm to the
operator that each GSM channel is in operation.
- Pre-Paid Balance Enquiry: GSM Gateway automatically enquire each
PRE-PAID GSM SIM card for balance minutes / balance credits and
sending an SMS message with this information to a "user" programmed
number at a "user" programmed time-of-day.
- Unique caller ID blocking feature (if network allows)
- Echo cancellation up to 128ms. - optional
- Remote access monitoring over TCP/IP network - optional
- Unique out-bound calling, user programmable, access feature.
- All 30, GSM channels are dual band - 900MHz and 1800MHz with
auto-sense / auto-switching capability.
- Compact, 30 GSM terminals (90 SIMs per E1) in a 19-inch chassis.
- GSM is integrated to the E1 PRI ISDN (Euro ISDN) Interface.
- Exceptional voice quality. The two wire trans-hybrid analog path
(present in the Fixed Wireless Terminals) is eliminated in the
innovative design, resulting in improved voice quality, clearer voice
and superior channel separation by reducing the susceptibility to
echoes that result from the analog two wire trans-hybrid VF paths.
- Provides accurate billing information ("answer supervision" and
"line disconnect supervision") - not provided by Fixed Wireless
- Integrated, optional, E1 Echo-Canceller to cancel echo tails from
inherent delays of VoIP / VoFR networks - 64ms. uni-directional,
128ms. uni-directional and 64ms. bi-directional options available.
- Lower cost - resulting from complete, GSM to E1 PRI ISDN
- Plug-And-Play. Easy to install. Takes only minutes to install and
The Tenor DX Series offers
- SelectNet™ Auto-Switching provides superior voice quality
- Intelligent Call Routing
- VoIP and Tandem Circuit Switching
- Integrated H.323 gateway and gatekeeper or SIP User Agent
- Up to 120 VoIP channels
- Available with 1, 2, 3 or 4 T1/E1/PRI Spans
- IVR/Radius AAA Compliant (Multi-lingual IVR)
- Support for external Quintum Call Routing Server*
- Available in MultiPath or Gateway Configurations
The Quintum® Tenor® DX MultiPath Switch offers unique flexibility for
service providers who want to capitalize on cost-effective, high-quality
Voice over IP (VoIP). The Tenor integrates a gateway, a gatekeeper,
intelligent call routing, and supports H.323, SIP and QoS all in a small
Service providers can benefit from a variety of valuable applications
such as IP Local Loop, Wholesale VoIP Termination, Calling Cards, Tandem
Switching and Least Cost Routing.
Carrier class intelligence delivers a complete
- Integrated VoIP and Circuit Switching: Intelligently switches
calls between circuits (DS0s) and IP, between multiple circuits, and
between IP endpoints.
- Enhanced Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Supports multiple user
selectable languages and prompts.
- Advanced Call Routing Support: Quintum's external Tenor Advanced
VoIP Call Routing Server* provides scalable, centralized network
routing control and administration for larger networks. Provides
enhanced networkwide routing flexibility including QoS routing, least
cost routing, source based routing, and extensive network routing
- Network Management Support: Quintum’s external VoIP Network
Manager* helps lower maintenance costs through centralized
provisioning, alarm monitoring, CDR collecting and real time call
- MultiPath Architecture: Allows easy installation at the customer
Patented SelectNet™ Technology assures high
The Tenor employs its patented SelectNet™ Technology to monitor calls
for jitter, packet loss, and latency, and can transparently switch
customers' calls to the PSTN whenever conditions demand. This
intelligent switching allows you to achieve the Quality of Service
targets that customers demand, at costs that traditional phone companies
simply cannot match.
More intelligence means less network congestion
With its PacketSaver™ Technology, the Tenor reduces bandwidth
consumption up to 57%, by combining voice packets from several calls
into a single packet to minimize bandwidth requirements.
NATAccess™ intelligence means greater security
The Tenor VoIP MultiPath Switch also features a unique technology that
allows it to operate behind NAT-enabled firewalls. The innovative NATAccess™ solution overcomes the problem of NAT firewalls not correctly
translating internal IP addresses into public addresses when a VoIP call
is established with an outside party.